Nov. 26th, 2005 @ 08:44 pm
Hello to all.
This journal will be deleted as soon as I get what I need from LJ Support.
Regarding the webzine: I have decided to do the following:
1) Pay for all pending stories that were to be published.
2) Suspend any current editions because of server instability- an issue which has still not been corrected. Actually, my inquiries haven't been responded to, either.
3) Place a notice on the website (as soon as I am able to, of course) indicating that the site has gone on hiatus until reliable hosting can be located.
4) Relaunch the webzine in the spring with the Lenten edition, if all goes as planned.
5) Notify all bulletin boards that no further stories will be accepted until the relaunching, explain why, and ask that those in the know spread the word if possible.
This is the only thing I can do at this point and still be fair to those who have written for me. Well, I could pay them and close the site, but I worked too hard and there are people out there who want to do more with it, as do I.
That's the scoop. I'm going to go and find a warm cat and a blanket now.
|Date:||November 27th, 2005 02:14 am (UTC)|| |
Will you host a new journal, or is this it from you on LJ?
Hey there- you've been so quiet that I thought YOU had gone. The answer to both questions is "yes."
Seriously, I have another journal, and I will screen you to see where you're coming from, etc, if you'd like to be added. What I cannot promise, however, is whether or not I will write anything of note or anything at all in the new one.
<- I'm with these guys and I've recomended them to many people. They rule.http://www.mediatemple.net/
<- also great. I know many sites that run on this that would die on other hosts. They are also a great deal cost wise (so is FNET).
Gurrrh. I'm sorry about the troubles. I will try to keep up with you (email or at the other journal, hopefully), and hope that you get these issues resolved satisfactorily.
Hey hon. What is it you need from LJ SUpport, perhaps I can help? (ex-Support volunteer here).
Hoping to see you around.
I am VERY glad you aren't deleting the webzine.
I hope all is well with you!
Hi. While searching my old archived posts I saw comments from a user ID (this one) I didn't recognize until I realized I used to know you by another ID. I didn't realize you could change within LJ like that. Anyway, your online life seems more interesting than usual at the moment. Tell 'inner what's-his-name' I found a good freeware program for coverting albums to CDs. (audacity.com) Bye.
|Top of Page
||Powered by LiveJournal.com|